Wordwell, situated just north of Culford, is now a tiny village which was hit by the Black Death in 1348 and never recovered. There are only about 20 people living in the village. During the 19th and early 20th centuries Wordwell was part of the Culford Estate.
All Saints Church is largely Norman but with Victorian alterations. Wordwell is one of very few Thankful Villages, that is to say one which lost no men during either of the C20 World Wars. The church has carvings on benches and in stone.
A mass grave, probably from the time of the Black Death, was found when electricity was provided to the church. Google Earth shows the outlines of buildings that once stood on the other side of the road.